Saturday, May 22, 2010

Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros

This album must certifiably be on of the most beautiful albums I own.
I am transported to another world - one in which time hardly matters and things move much more slowly. I have infinite patience here. I imagine vast sun-stained grey skies. I recently saw a time-lapse video of Eyjafjallajokull volcano in Iceland (this band's homeland) and can't help but pair that image with this music. A silent volcano gushing forth billows of rich, black smoke, sumptuous and deep while the world around it remains still and unmoving. This album proclaims that life is victorious and to be cherished no matter how bitter it may be at times. Agaetis Byrjun sounds so otherworldly ~ rife with atmosphere that I can scarcely relate to. The music, however, still speaks volumes to my soul. My ears and mind don't understand but my heart does; it cries out, longs, rests. This album is just about as close as I get to ecstacy these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment